Sonsierra Perfume de Sonsierra
REGION | Rioja Alta, Spain
VARIETIES | 100% Tempranillo
AGING |16 months in the carefully selected new Bordeaux-type French oak barrels and a minimum 8 months in the bottle.
TASTING NOTES | Perfume de Sonsierra is an intense deep cherry red, there are clear overtones of licorice, blackberry, blackcurrant, toffee, mocha and a hint of menthol. It is juicy, powerful and exuberant on the palate; a sensory experience that will live long in the memory.
It has outstanding fruity notes (strawberry, currant and licorice), very well combined with the aromas of aging, especially roasted and toasted coffee. The palate is long, balanced, round, with a good entry and a long finish.
PAIRING | Roast lamb, pork, and rabbit dishes, wild game and most poultry dishes with spicy sauces and herbal flavoring.
- 91 Points, Robert Parker Wine Advocate, 2016
- 92 Points, Wine Spectator, 2016
- Gold Medal, Challenge International du Vin 2015
- Gold Medal, AWC Vienna International Challenge 2015
- Silver Medal, Tempranillos al Mundo International Contest 2015
Order Online from the Pennsylvania Liquor Control Board Click Here.